Saturday 13 December 2014

Lakes Entrance to Eden

Thursday, November 27, 2014


At our early breakfast today we were startled for a moment by a screeching cockatoo flying over our heads.  That's what you call some wake-up call!  

While we were early I checked my GPS for any caches, but no luck, so we left at 9 am for our drive to Swan Reach.  Dot had told us that we would find a dollshouse shop there, but after an inquiry at the post office I had to tell Patricia that the shop no longer existed.  However, a short distance down the road we discovered a little doll museum that Patricia wanted to have a look at.  I joined her and bought some lace that I took a liking to.  

Dolls museum

I should have probably taken pictures inside, but dolls are not really my thing, and therefore didn't think of photographs.

A short distance from the museum was our next destination: Lakes Entrance.  We stopped at a lookout for some pictures and took a few on the road as well.  The views were promising:

Lookout at Lakes Entrance





Down the road and across the bridge we discover a picnic area on the water where we take our time for a cuppa and later our lunch.  The wind is cold, but a spot in the sun make it just about pleasant and I enjoy the pelicans as well as my book.

A quiet moment

Seagulls waiting for some crumbs

Pelicans diving for food


We leave at about 12.30 pm and, without much sightseeing, we push on to our next destination, but stopped for afternoon tea at Murrungower Picnic Area (#18 - S37 41 22, E148 37 06)

Murrungower Picnic Area


The stop for the night is the Wallagaraugh River Rest Area (#635 - S37 22 10, E149 43 00).  We arrived quite early and decided we deserved happy hour so we sat down with a bowl of chips and a glass of wine (well, wine for me, Baileys for Patricia). :-)  A my back is starting to suffer on this trip I take the (very heavy) chair out for better support. This chair was bought, and used, by one of the earlier ladies on the trip and had to be left behind in the van as she went home on the plane.

Wallagaraugh River Rest Area



Dinner was easy.  We had left-over curry so all that was needed was heating it up.  When the dishes had been put away it was still daylight, so I sat down with my book and later we watched a DVD (A mind of her own) as there was of course no TV reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.