Friday 14 August 2015

I can legally retire now! :-)

Thursday, August 13, 2015



No pictures, so this seems like a boring day, but it wasn't.  I woke up to lots of facebook messages and a few emails thrown in for good measure.  I even received a few birthday cards in the mail! Now, that's unusual in this day and age, but certainly extra special. :-)

We had a quiet day at home.  I didn't even feel like going out after all the running around we have done during the past weeks.  Lovely or not, it takes its toll.  I can certainly feel I've turned 65.  It's an excellent reminder. HaHa  However, a day of rest and a good sleep generally do wonders...

The day ended with a bang.  No fireworks, but a thunderstorm struck in the middle of the night after a sultry day.  Yes, even here the weather can turn a bit nasty and muggy.

That's all for now.  Tomorrow is packing-up-and-cleaning day, as Patricia is travelling on to Dianne in Sweden and I am going to stay with the family in Vleuten and Houten for a few days. So, probably not much in the way of a blog update until sometime next week.  Then I may have pictures of my birthday party (if I don't forget to take them!), and of whatever else I am going to undertake.

See you around.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.