Tuesday 4 August 2015

Help, I need a rest (Streefkerk and Kinderdijk today)

Monday, 3 August 2015


I don't know if I said it before, but holidaying is hard work!  I need a rest tomorrow. ;-)

Today, however, was another great day.  Could I call it 'a day with a silver lining' or something or other?  You know what I mean anyway I think.

The morning didn't start to good.  Patricia needs to book a flight to Denmark and her credit card is not accepted on line, nor is her son-in-law's.  Walking is a fair way....  We'll try a different method again tomorrow...

Next we set off on a trip to Streefkerk where I am finally going to visit Wilma and Chris.  I thought it was never going to happen, because in all the years I've been here I didn't quite make it.  Today was the day and we had a great time.  I've known Wilma and Chris for quite some time now.  Wilma from the dolls house and miniature world and Chris because they came to visit us in 2001 in Australia.

Since Patricia is also a miniaturist, she was thrilled to see all the houses and room boxes Wilma had on display.  Well, so was I as a matter of fact.  I had seen a lot of pictures on the internet over the years, but 'real' is different.  What an incentive to start again when I go back home, because I have been quite slack and had also lost quite a lot of interest after Frank's death.

Anyway, here we are:

Wilma, Patricia and I
Lovely morning tea, or, like we say here: koffie met gebak. :-)

We were invited for lunch, had a look at their beautiful garden, of which I should have taken a picture, and had a good time in general catching up on all unimportant things. LOL

Chris suggested that we should go and have a look at the windmills of Kinderdijk, not far from where they live.  We had a great time again.  We made a short boat trip, visited a working windmill and watched a short informative movie about the windmills.




Interiour (bedstee), inbuilt bed behind doors




working parts



a blade passing by the window

cabinet in the living room

dining table



kitchen

parents' bed and stove


Gives a different meaning to "Being too big for your boots"... ;-)





That was it.  No time for geocaching, although there were quite a number at Kinderdijk, but we were home by 7 pm, which was late enough...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.