Thursday 26 October 2017

Poland - Wednesday (Meeting Johan & Geocaching)


Wednesday, 25 October 2017


As mentioned yesterday, I met with Johan, the CO (cache owner) of the cache that I had logged yesterday.  We had a cup of coffee at a local Italian restaurant (excellent cappuccino) and talked for a bit in our 'moerstaal' (mother tongue).  Then we went for a walk and he took me to two of his hidden caches.  The walk led along the River Wisla and through a beautiful park with the pathways covered in autumn leaves.

#1766 - Park Kosciuszki in Ustron 



Johan, pointing at his cache

#1767 - Muzeum Ustrońskie








Near the museum: an example of a mount for charcoal burning

On the way back Johan suggested I'd pick up Patricia and we would make a short trip in his car to help him find a few caches that he hadn't been able to locate.

Some of the views and interesting sights on the way:









 The first one, near the beautiful bridge above, we couldn't find either.  The following ones we did:



 #1768 - Kamień zakochanych





 #1769 - Ustroń - Skalna Twierdza




Patricia and I logging our caches

The above cache was in someone's front yard, hidden in one of the castle towers.  Johan hadn't been able to find it, nor could we, so he rang the doorbell and asked for assistance, which was kindly given. ;-)

The next ruins of a castle were also part of the front yard decorations. Very creative!




After these finds it was time for Johan to go home and we were ready for lunch as well.  Johan promised to come back on Friday for some more caches. Hooray!

After lunch we still had a whole afternoon, so Patricia and I wanted to go and find a few more.  First I took her through the park to the two I had found before.  Now I also had time to take pictures of a few of the many sculpted wooden figures in the park.








On the way back we walked through the street where I took the pictures of all the little shops before and Patricia managed to talk me into waiting till she had bought a pair of boots and a new jumper for Sweden. :-)

Then it was very necessary to stop again at the stand with the sery goralskie and we had another one with bacon.  This time I remembered to take a picture:


Remember? Sheep's cheese wrapped in bacon, from the grill

They are so nice on a cold day like this. ;-)

Then we were ready for the longer walk to the last three caches:

#1770 - Pomnik pilota Jana Cholewy





#1771 - Kościół Ewangelicko-Augsburski w Ustroniu





#1772 - Dąb Sobieskiego




This was a 331 year old oak tree

After that we had enough and made our way back slowly to 'home'.  We popped into Tesco, Lidl and Carrefour for some groceries.  Neither had one of the items I wanted, so I have to find another shop where I can buy a new Sudoku puzzle book...

Last but not least, a photograph of the way they produce a gutter for the water coming from the downpipes.  It doesn't go underground into a drain like at home, but runs off the footpath into the guttering and then into a drain:




I like to notice these little differences in all the countries we visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.