Sunday, 22 October 2017

Goodbye Scotland - Hello Poland

Sunday, 15 October 2017

When I am writing this we have already been in Poland for nearly a week, so it's hard to cast back my mind to Scotland, but I will try. ;-)

It's actually not so very difficult, because on the last day we generally don't do much more than cleaning the house and packing our suitcases.  In this case Patricia felt like visiting a church in the neighbourhood and I started the cleaning, because I don't feel like leaving it to the last minute.

Patricia's church became two churches and she was a long time, so I got a lot done in the meantime.  I had also packed first thing in the morning, so that I could get around in the bedroom without problems.  I had lunch and a quiet afternoon.

When Patricia returned she cleaned her bathroom and bedroom and I had left the vacuuming.  I can't quite remember what we did after that, but I know we had an early night since we would have to get up at 3.30am to catch a taxi to the airport.

Of course I woke up in the middle of the night, as you do, panicking because I had forgotten to ask Katherine what to do about the keys and she hadn't thought of telling me either.  Luckily she was in America and not in bed (I hoped) and yes, I did get a message back in time.  To my relieve it was as easy as locking the door and depositing the keys back through the mailbox. :-)

I managed to take a few pictures of the house, basic, because it's not my house to flaunt all over the internet.  It was already nearly dark, but I still got a few decent ones of the view outside and of the living room and the main bedroom.

View from my bedroom

Down onto the front gardens

From the kitchen window

Ah, I did forget something!  I had already heard back earlier from the railway company in Sweden with the request for further information, which I had also sent off.  Today we heard that we would get a full refund of our trip Stockholm-Söderhamn!  Now, that's what I call service.  I had expected perhaps some money back, but a full refund?  Terrific.  Goodonya SJ Sweden!

Monday, 16 October 2017

As mentioned before we got up at 3:30am and were picked up by the taxi that we had ordered the night before.  We waited inside the hall as it was finally raining! 

No busy traffic on the roads that early in the morning, so we were at the airport with a bit of time to spare.  I had a quick breakfast (boiled eggs and mandarines) before we went through customs, which took a bit of time, as did emigration with passport control, but eventually we could get on the plane.

Not surprisingly we left Scotland in the rain, because we always take the sun with us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.