Saturday 27 June 2015

A Night Cache for a change

Monday April 13, 2015

Memory is a strange phenomenon.  I know I have been out on the 13th of April to find a cache nearby, but I must have forgotten to take a picture and looking back at my calendar for that date, I had no reason to go to the mainland that day either, but here we are: I did find a cache and I sure remember all the ants that crawled all over my car boot when I'd removed the lid of the container to sign the logbook. :-)

The cache's name was Peeling Road.

Saturday April 18, 2015

At the end of the same week a group of people wanted to do a Night Cache, meaning that you go out in the dark in search of a cache, generally aided by glowing signs that light up when you shine your torch on them.

Sleepy Hollow was such a cache, made a little bit more difficult because of the walk partially through creek beds and low lying path ways after a out of rain.  It's also a multi, so a fair bit of walking and searching was involved, but all that together, and the surprises we discovered, made it a great experience.

Sleepy Hollow


instructions...


...followed by scary, funny...



...and not so funny surprises :-)










followed by a lock that wouldn't open or close properly.  Arrggg...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.