Thursday 27 February 2014

Hintham/Rosmalen - 's-Hertogenbosch

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Since I expected to have a little extra time before or after visiting family in Den Bosch I decided to download a cache in the area and luck was with me today.

Rosmalense Monumenten: H. Annakerk

H. Annakerk

cache location somewhere in the picture
An easy cache and quickly logged.  I could park almost in front!  For me this is really being on home ground. I can even tell you a story about this church.  Some 50 years ago my girlfriends and I attended Mass in this church early on a Sunday morning before we were going to set out for the Efteling on bike.  Yes, in those days we didn't think twice about a distance of 30 km or a 1.5 hr bike ride to visit a theme park!  Anyway, in church, when the priest was on the pulpit, one of my friends felt the need to draw a comb through her hair.  The priest saw this and she got berated in public.  Some time later a group of giggling teenagers left the church...  Ah, those were the days... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.