Wednesday 26 February 2014

Back in Liempde

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The third day with a bit of sunshine and no time to get on the bike.  What a shame!  However, today's visitors left early enough for me to enjoy the last bit of sunshine at the end of the afternoon and so I got on the bike to find yet another cache close by.

Het Meulke

The name is most likely derived from the name meuleken, which in turn is Brabant's dialect for molen (mill).




A long time ago an old mill had been situated near the above little bridge: De Antselse Watermolen (The Water Mill of Antsel).  This mill was used for the tanning of leather.






Nowadays there is a viewing tower from which one can see the fields all around.  Today's pictures were taken in the late afternoon sunshine.

The cache was an easy find, although my GPS kept sending me in different directions.  Luckily it wasn't a nano nor was it well-camouflaged, so I could log it quickly and be on my way again to enjoy my bike ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.