Monday 16 December 2013

Ca(t)ching up

Oeps, I have some catching up to do, as my last posting was on the 18th November and we are quickly approaching the 18th of December now.  At the time my number of caches stood at 94.  I have now reached my milestone of 100 and even a few more, so.... here we go:

It wasn't until Sunday the 8th December though, that I did more.  Too busy in between with Christmas approaching fast.  After a garage sale on the Saturday I was staying at Kevin and Adele's, so on Sunday, after sleeping in and cleaning the house we needed some fresh air and a walk.  To Simpson Park it was, to collect a few more caches in the Sandy Bridge series. We started close to home, so the first one was

Sandy Bridge #5

Actually, the last one in the series, except for Sandy Bridge The Finale.  

Sandy Bridge #5
Most of the caches were on or under the bridges, except for nr. 2 which would have been too close to nr. 1 and was hidden in the bushes.  Just as well, but we will get to that later.

Sandy Bridge #4

Sandy Bridge #4

As we are still in the habit of forgetting to take pictures, these two were taken on the way back!  

I had attempted this one on my own before, but the cache was hidden under the bridge and as I cannot see well in the dark I had overlooked it.  Pays to get a better torch and take it with me on my travels...

Sandy Bridge #2

As we had already found and logged #3 we could skip it this time, although I didn't realise we hadn't taken a picture the first time, so none the second time either...

Bridge #2 was removed because due to erosion of the creek walls it was in danger of sliding down off its foundations.  As we hadn't read the logs we thought that the cache would have gone too and didn't even look for it.  Ah well, just a quick look near the foundations, but not with any hope of finding it.

Sandy Bridge #2

Sandy Bridge #2
Sandy Bridge #1

Again no picture, but it wasn't much different from the others.  It was found quickly and then it was time to walk back home for dinner, and hungry we were!  As for the clues, we have gone back to #3 and #4 to be sure we had the right ones.  Next, when we can add #2, we may go and find the last one.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.