Sunday 3 November 2013

Another one on a sunny afternoon

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Plantman Geocache # 21

This one had been on my 'to do' list for a while and since it was a perfect day for a beach walk I set out at low tide for the hunt.  The wind was blustery, but the sun was out.  Carefully placing my feet though, because I like to walk on the water's edge, but today, with the on-shore wind, the beach was littered with bluebottles!

A while ago this cache was replaced, because one of the cyclones had swept up the water high and much of the beach had disappeared, including the cache!  Not long after the cache had been replaced Kevin and I went in search, but my GPS was no longer working and his was all over the place, so we had a nice walk but no cache...

Today was the day, I decided, to go by myself and it was quite easy.  Half an hour and half an hour back, 10 minutes to search for and get to the cache (through the lantana and other prickly undergrowth), a few pictures and all in all 1-1/2 hour spent.  Not bad. :-)

A while to go yet. Just around the corner...

This pelican was wondering what a human
without fish (to feed him) was doing on the beach...

Closing in on the cache...

Yeah, somewhere high up amongst the banksias

And... another 'smiley'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.