Sunday 3 November 2013

Geocaching with Mikayla

Thursday October 31, 2013

Leitch's Cache

As Mikayla had recovered enough after having her tonsils removed a fortnight earlier, it was time to poke our heads outside again.  I'd been looking after her while mum was at work, and we both had gotten along well.  Mikayla knew there was a cache close by that had been hidden by the mother of one of her friends, so this one had to be searched for, of course.

We took the bikes and rode to the end of the street, where the horse paddocks were and the John Leitch Memorial Park.  Since my mobile phone with GPS is a write-off I have quite adapted to taking my tablet. Not very inconspicuous, I know, but it will have to do for the time being.  As one can take pictures with it, most people will think I am using it as a camera anyway...

GZ was easily found, but not so the cache.  Mikayla's first thought was that 'muggles' would have taken the cache.  She's just a tad bit impatient... ;-)  However, with experience gained over time I put my thinking cap on while I scrutinised the surroundings.  After I realised what I was looking at I also knew what to look for and soon I had the cache in hand and was able to sign the log. A well-camouflaged cache indeed!



At GZ of Leitch's Cache

The park near GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.