Saturday 29 September 2012

All work and no play...

...makes Jack a dull boy.  However, sometimes it's the other way around, it can't always be all play and no work!  Today (Thursday) is one of those days.  I am definitely over my jetlag now, because I am waking up earlier.  So, what better way to start the day then with a nice cup of coffee and a bagel with cream cheese.  At the deli I discovered a variety of fresh cream cheese the other day amongst which a honey and pecan nut.  Yummy!!!

By the time I had finished breakfast Frank was awake too and when he heard that I was planning to do some serious work he said he would walk to Walmart and snoop around a bit. The day had started with bright sunshine, but outside it was cold and windy.  It looked beautiful though:

Autumn leaves in early morning sunshine
I wasn't one bit worried about having to stay at home.... ;-)  So, I got my laptop and spent the rest of my day working on a newsletter for the Woodcrafters which just had to be out by the end of the month.  Suffice to say I made the deadline and after dinner I could click on the send button, so it was over and done with.

Before dinner friend Leonie called me on skype and we had a good old chat.  Good timing, because it gave Frank time to cook dinner. LOL  Since it was so cold we had a real Dutch dish: boerenkool met worst (Kale and smoked sausage).  We have discovered the best ever smoked sausage here and we dare say that it is as good, if not better, than that of the Hema!  Deliciously succulent....

After dinner it was time to relax, but not before I had a look at books from the Amazon site.  Ever since I have taken up drawing again I wanted to include coloured pencil drawing, but lacked the good books.  Now I can have them sent to our address here and may start to use them straight away.

That done we were surprised by a documentary on Niagara Falls on TV.  That made interesting viewing.  After that and a few games of sudoku, accompanied by a glass of wine it was time for bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.