Wednesday 4 September 2019

Emsdetten - Monday (home and a bike ride)


Monday 2 September 2020


I wake early, as usual, but stay in bed for a while with a cup jarrah, my new morning ritual!  I hear Helmut and Rosel getting ready for their trip, but as I am not my chirpy old self yet in the morning I stay in my room until they have left.  We have said our goodbyes last night anyway. 

Next follows a chat with Kevin, who has passed part of his MR driving test.  Good news indeed.  The other part will follow on Wednesday after he's been given his doctor's certificate, I understand.

The rest of the morning I while away updating my blog, because I am far behind.  It's easier when there is nobody around, so I keep my head down for a while.

I have taken a few pictures of the kitchen and sent them to Kevin, because I like all the drawers.  So much easier to get into the cupboards. 

I won't show all of them here, but make an exception of the kitchen window.  The garden looks so nice. 




The weather is fine.  It's 19 degrees today and dry and the sun shines.  I decide to go for a bike ride after lunch. 


Pictures are international - so handy




Some of the flowers along the roadside




On my ride I pass a park where I notice some older buildings.  I stop to investigate and discover that they are both a museum.

Wannenmacher museum (wannenmachen: a different version of basket making)


Speichermuseum




Unfortunately my time line hasn't worked today and I didn't pay attention to the time when I left, so I can only guess that I have been away for 2 hours.  The distance I don't know either, because I haven't set the computer on the bike either. :-(  It was a pleasant ride though and a good practice for Thursday, because geocaching friend Nicole will visit from the Netherlands and bring her folding bike. Something else to look forward to.

When home I was determined to stick to my diet and made myself a nice and refreshing herb tea: lemon verbena and mint.  I had discovered the herb garden and Rosel had told me to use any herbs I wanted.



Dinner tonight was the left-over gazpacho and some buttered rye bread with a banana for desert.  And then it's bedtime.  It's only 10 past 9, but I have updated my blog and have done enough for the day.  A glass of wine sounds good....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.