Wednesday 27 September 2017

Sweden - Thursday and Friday (Home)


Thursday September 21, 2017



Not much to tell about today.  We sleep in and have a restful day at home.  I work on my blog, sort out photographs and write my book review for the book club at home. I have read a Dutch book, translated in English, called The Dinner (Het Diner) by Herman Koch, but didn’t like it one little bit.  Waiting to see what the others thought of it.

Friday September 22, 2017


We had all sorts of plans for today, but they didn’t quite pan out.  Do you ever have frustrations when working on the computer, trying to book something or otherwise?  Well, I do!  And today Dianne had similar problems.  We spent 3 full hours trying to book the train tickets for our trip to Stockholm.  We were successful, but not before all three or our credit cards had been refused!  However, in the end we got the train and hotel booked, so Patricia and I are all set for our trip on Tuesday. We will be spending some time, and a night, in Stockholm.  Next we take the train to Södenhamn, where Ria will pick us up and we will spend two nights with her and her husband at Rengsjö.
When the bookings were done we drove to Bara (Dianne’s old house) to print out the tickets. As we had forgotten about lunch we bought a lovely pastry at a bakery stall, and we picked up some caches on the way back.

Photos of the caches to follow, of course.

We dropped in at a craft store, but since I can’t take any more weight when travelling in Europe I just looked at all the great craft items.  The next stop, a second hand shop, didn’t do anything for me, so I was glad we didn’t spend a lot of time there.
Then it was time to go home and we had an early dinner since a pastry doesn’t really fill you up.  Probably heading for a quiet and early night again...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.