Wednesday 27 September 2017

Sweden - Sunday and Monday (Falsterbö & Malmö)


Photos of the various caches will be posted later as I haven't been able to synchronise my dropbox, nor have I been able to actually log the caches.

Sunday September 17, 2017


This morning I woke up at 4:30am, far too early to get out of bed, but too awake to just lay down. As we had to get up at 6am anyway for the washing I got my Kindle out and with my phone as a torch I read a bit.

Why the washing so early on Sunday I hear you ask.  Well, Dianne has a small unit in an apartment block and there is no room for a washing machine.  The apartment block has a communal laundry for all the residents and it has to be booked.  This laundry consists of two rooms with two washing machines each and a dryer and one drying room where clothes hang on the line.  See photos:


Drying room

Laundry

After the washing had been done we packed a picnic lunch and went for a drive south to Skanor-Falsterbö and Höllviken.  We visited a viking museum: Fotevikens Museum (which was closed), and drove through a few villages.






Skanor




We picked up some caches on the way and Nelson got to play on the beach and in the water.



In the far distance the bridge and the coast of Denmark


On the way back we popped into Vellingeblomman, a huge nursery which also sells outdoor furniture and anything related to gardening.  There we walked through a huge Halloween display area.









Monday September 18, 2011


Last night we spent some time planning a few day trips.  The three of us were going up to Stockholm and Rengsjö, but Dianne has decided to stay home and save her money, because it’s approx 900 kms and an expensive trip.  I have contacted friend Ria in Rengsjö who Patricia and I now are going to visit together.

As Dianne has to go to work for an hour Patricia and I and Nelson the dog accompany her to Vellinge.  After I have sorted out some problems with my travel SIM and topped it up we look at some shops until it’s time to head back to Dianne’s workplace.


Shops at Vellinge




Sometime later we drive into Malmö where we buy Chinese for lunch which we have in the park near Sweden’s (or rather Scandinavia’s) tallest building, Turning Torso. It’s not its height (190m), but the way the building is built, which makes it so impressive.  Every floor rotates by 1.6° so that the top of the building (54 stories) has a twist of 90°.


Picnic in the park near Turning Torso

Turning Torso


Water feature called: Water Fall

The wall full of taps... 
The bridge to Denmark



Waterfront apartments



The bridge and Denmark in the distance



That's supposed to be me in the shadow ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.