Saturday 11 August 2018

Lovedean - Wednesday to Friday (Rowlands Castle, Petersfield, Lovedean, Arundel Castle)


Wednesday 8 August 2018


Wednesday = walking day, but........... again nobody from the walking group turned up.  So, I walked on my own again and as I was all by myself I decided that I could pick blackberries.  As many as I wanted!  Which happened to be a bowl full.  The fact that I got stung by a few nettles didn't matter too much.  In fact, the 'pain', or rather the burning sensation, wasn't too bad. 


Blackberries

I had my usual cup of coffee at the Pavilion Tearoom before I walked back.  I also noticed a tree or bush with a beautiful type of berry.


Beautiful, but no idea what this is...

The Head Forester had really made me happy for he had put up signs with information on various trees in the park.  I am always happy to learn something new!




After my walk I dropped in at Morrisons to buy groceries in preparation of Jose's arrival.  And then I had to wait for a phone call from Jose to inform me which train she would be on.  I had worked out which could be the first one, just in case she wouldn't be able to reach me, so, when I was just about to walk out the door at 2pm when the phone rang.  Jose was going to catch the 4pm train, so plenty of time to get to Petersfield.

I should have taken a picture of her upon her arrival, but as usual I forgot.  We were just happy to see each other again.....


Thursday 9 August 2018


The weather had turned and it was no longer sunny and warm, however, we had plenty to talk about and were just happy to relax and chat a bit.  We also went to Morrisons together to get some more groceries (we have to eat, you know....) and in the afternoon we went for a walk.  We took the same path as I did on my first walk in Lovedean.  The blackberry bushes were heavy with fruit and we picked another bag full.  We both like the fruit for dessert and don't get this opportunity every day.

We encountered a few horses who came to have a look at those noisy creatures near the blackberry bushes.



Talking to the horse

Inspecting the garden


Then it was time for dinner, which we decided we would prepare taking turns.  For me it was a dish with pasta and broccoli, using up the rest of the BBQ chicken we had the day before.


All of a sudden I appear in many photographs ;-)
(buying tickets on line)


The forecast was for a rainy day on Friday, so we bought tickets for Arundel Castle.  I didn't mind visiting the castle for a second time and we had the chance to do something indoors, which, in hindsight, was well-planned!


Friday 10 August 2018


Unfortunately the car's right tyre had lost a lot of air again, so our first trip was to the petrol station at Morrisons to get some air again.  After that we were on our way to Arundel Castle.  The rain had started to come down in all earnest.  Driving was not very pleasurable, although we made it alright.

We had coffee and a scone with jam and clotted cream first and that started our rounds though the castle.  We missed a bit, but I also noticed some things I hadn't seen before.  I took some more photographs.


Coffee time



Jose, literally struggling against the wind






Come here love, I'll take you home!

After our rounds, which unfortunately didn't include the grounds because of the rain, we sat down with a pot of tea before the trip home.

Driving home was a real bother, because I forgot to turn off at some point and ended up in congestion on the highway, which cost us an extra 15 minutes.  Besides that it was pouring with rain with limited vision and the roads were all flooded, which made driving a hazard and at most roundabouts and parts of the highway the traffic could use only the one lane.







Although we hit congestion at first, my GPS next took me off the main roads and sent me home via country roads, which in itself was a relief.  No water on the roads and less traffic and..... we saw a lot more of the countryside.

A quick stop at Morrisons for a few forgotten items and then we were home.  Jose was the cook and we had a lovely meal of spaghetti with..... of course, blackberries for dessert! ;-)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.