Wednesday 8 August 2018

Lovedean - Saturday to Tuesday (Mostly at home)


Saturday 4 August 2018


After our trip to the Isle of Wight we haven't undertaken a lot.  We were pretty tired of all the travelling, new experiences and impressions of the past three weeks, so we sat back and relaxed.

I rang Stephen for his birthday and Wim started cleaning his part of the house, because of his imminent departure. There was some laundry to be done and I vacuumed part of the house as well, because at home you keep the housework up to date too.

In the afternoon I had my hair done.  I was lucky enough that my hostess has a mobile hairdresser and this lovely girl, Maria, came to the house so I got my colour and trim.  After that we made a trip to Morrison's to stock up on groceries, and at the end of the afternoon we spend our 'regular' time at the Bird in Hand for a refreshing glass of beer.


Sunday 5 August 2018


Sunday was the most relaxed day of the week, I think.  Not really much to report.  Wim had booked a table at the Bird in Hand though, so we had our farewell dinner that night.  The Sunday roast was delicious.  Wim had chicken and I had pork, which came with the usual apple sauce and crackling! Yummie!  The chicken was accompanied by grilled vegies and I had very cheesy cauliflower.  Also very nice.  We had a bit of a rest after the meal and then we finished it off with summer pudding and gelato.  I have had the recipe for years, but never been able to make it as we lack the berries and the soft summer fruit in our climate.  All I can say is that I have not been disappointed.  :-)


I don't often show meals on facebook,
but on my private blog I think I can get away with it ;-)

Summer Pudding - what a delight

Monday 6 August 2018


The final day for Wim had come.  We were up at our usual time and went to top up fuel, and air in the tyres, because one of them didn't look too healthy.  I hope it will keep for the duration of my stay.  It was  long wait after all, because Wim didn't leave until 1:30pm and would actually not be home until late that night.  I dropped him off at Petersfield station, where I will pick up Jose on Wednesday and then we said goodbye, and funnily enough were not even as emotional about it as in earlier years, because there is a good chance that we'll see each other next year again!

My visitors in Australia had also left, but will not be home until the 16th as they are going to visit their son in Sydney before the make their trip back.  For them saying goodbye will be much harder.  I also rang Kevin to let him know and caught up with the latest news, which wasn't really a lot.  Life just flows with ups and downs as usual.


Tuesday 7 August 2018


My first day alone in a while.  A bit different, but not unusual.  There's always lots to do, and I still had a lot of email messages to catch up with.  Also some conversations with Jose, who will be travelling on her own and that's not easy if you're not used to it.  Luckily Wim has been able to give her some detailed information, so we both have good hope that it will all go well.

And David next door, who wasn't aware that this was my one and only day by myself, rang and invited me for coffee.  So, I went and we had a good chinwag together.  A nice man with a lot of interesting stories to tell.  The poor man had even baked a sponge cake (he seems to do that on a regular basis when his gardener comes), but it had gone mouldy in the hot weather. David, not being used to the heat, had forgotten to put it in the fridge and had kept it in the tin where he always keeps it....

Well, and that's it so far for Tuesday.  I discovered that Wim had a few photographs of the house.  As I don't have much else to show this time I might just put them up.  My blog is largely private, so I don't think there will be a huge privacy problem....







 And I took a few for good measure:


Main bedroom

Main bedroom

Spare room (Wim's)

Kitchen/dining

Study (where I am typing up my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.