Saturday 12 October 2013

Geocaching with the BUGs yet again


Sunday, September 22, 2013

After two successful geocaching rides Joyce organised another ride to combine with this great outdoor activity.

The days are warm and pleasant at the moment, so we opted for a ride starting at 7am, and believe it or not, I didn't get home until 12.15pm!

As I am not game to cross the bridge on my bike I opted to walk, while the others (newcomers Chris and Nancy) would go and try the Here (4) cache, which is close to our starting point of the bike rides (Kiosk on Benabrow Avenue).

Bob and I went ahead and waited for the others to join us at the mainland side of the bridge.  As their GPS had played up the little group arrived rather quickly, having skipped the search for the first cache.

As a few of the caches are repeats for me I just mention them quickly, but may add a few photos just for fun.

We had a pleasant ride on the bike path towards Ningi and stopped along the main road to search for our second cache of the day:

Kal-ma-kuta

Kal-ma-kuta

Kal-ma-kuta

Kal-ma-kuta
Big bugs at Turner's Camp

Big Bugs at Turner's Camp

Big Bugs at Turner's Camp

The Ningi Thingy

The Ningi Thingy

The Ningi Thingy

The Ningi Thingy

A Geocaching Romance

We missed the dirt track that would've lead us to the next cache, so we skipped that and went on for a ride along the main road, past the roundabout at Bestmann Road and right towards a new housing estate next to Ningi Creek.  There were two caches hidden here.  The first one was an easy find amongst the trees in a park, and was called: A Geocaching Romance.  No pictures here, as I forgot to take them, and as this was a new cache for me I don't have any existing pictures.

Muddy Tides

Muddy Tides also was a new one for me.  By the way, I had to rely on the other people's GPS, as I still am without one.

A short ride further down towards the creek lead us to the mudflats.  As we haven't had much rain of late, we didn't need to get our feet dirty.  The only muggles around were some kangaroos lying lazily in the sun. They weren't even interested in us!  Although Joyce had read out the hint clearly for us we did not find this cache.  After reading the logs at home I suspect that we were looking at the wrong tree, as this one must have recently fallen down near GZ.  I had been poking around at a tree nearby, but since I was told that I was 20m away from GZ I stopped.  Should've kept looking, because a spoiler photo showed that I may have been in the right spot after all.  Well, 1 DNF is not the worst thing and we can always go back for this one.  I still want my smiley!

Muddy Tides

Muddy Tides

The Ningi Ghost House

The Ningi Ghost House

The Ningi Ghost House
(please, excuse my hand in front of the camera)

We reckoned we had done our quota for the day and headed home.  However, closer to the bridge we all felt like a break and some refreshments, so stopped off at a little (until then unknown to me) coffee shop: Bribie Passage Kiosk & Boat Hire where we enjoyed anything from coffee to ice cream and I my favourite Chai Latte.





This concluded a lovely ride and successful geocaching morning.

2 comments:

  1. Ziet er uit als een heel gezellige dag....en ik ben jaloers op het mooie weer....hier is het echt herfst! Nou ja, dat heeft ook wel wat hoor ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het was een heel gezellige dag, Margriet. We hebben zo'n fijne fietsclub. En een week later is het nog steeds mooi weer. 32 Graden vandaag, maar nu was ik vrijwilligster bij de tentoonstelling van onze woodcrafters club. Je kunt het maar druk hebben... ;-) Maar, herfst kan ook heel mooi zijn, zoals we vorig jaar weer eens ontdekten.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.