Wednesday 13 February 2019

BSW - Kandanga Bowls Club


Friday 1 February 2019


As I mentioned before, I would be back at Kandanga in no time as the BSW had planned a weekend.  This time I didn't have to travel via Montville, so I took the shortest route, which meant I was doing a 110km/hr on the motorway for most of the trip, and with four new tyres fitted at the rear recently I felt quite safe in doing so.

I had taken my time in the morning to get ready.  Topped up water, emptied toilet and packed clothes and groceries as usual.  I had a salad for lunch and left shortly after.  I also stocked up on some vegies and watermelon.  The latter is just so refreshing in this kind of weather. 

Unfortunately I had been a bit optimistic with the contents of the fuel tank.  I didn't top up at home, nor did I along the motorway, in the hope to get some cheaper fuel when turning off it.  As it was, the fuel was cheaper, but I could not find a petrol station before Kandanga and by then I was driving with my fuel light on! Filled up with 75+ litres...

Upon arrival I had afternoon tea and a chat with the BSW members who had already arrived.  Cooked spaghetti for dinner and went for a walk afterwards, as the evening was nice and cool. 


Saturday 2 February 2019


Saturday was a quiet affair. I was up early and had the company for a chat from Ron, Bob, Rod, and Carol in turn. Breakfast and WF (whatever that stands for ;-)) and then morning tea. 

I paid for accommodation, raffle and dinner and played cards with Wendy, Fay and Pauline before and after lunch.  A chat at afternoon tea and then dinner at the club, which was every bit as good as last time I was here.

Had a bit of a chat with Kevin and then it was bed time.


Following just a collection of impressions of Kandanga.
You can tell I love cows! ;-)


Campsite

Bowls Club





Bridge near the camp site

view from Kadanga main road


cooking dinner


free camp on the other site

disused railway 

me next to Mellow Yellow

Sunday 3 February 2019


I woke up early and chatted with Gerrie and Nicole just before breakfast.  I packed up before morning tea so that I could leave shortly after to be home early as I had to pick up my visitors at the airport in the afternoon.

My visitors were Bo & Peter from Vienna and were coming to stay on Bribie Island as their part of our exchange.  Originally they would stay for two weeks, but had shortened that to just a week.

My plan from the beginning was to stay away for at least two weeks, but when I was going to have another visitor from Brighton, UK, I had changed my plans, not knowing that I was to have to change them yet again.  Gillian would accompany me in the camper and I had planned a tour of the area, including visiting friends and some interesting towns and sites.  As it was she had to cancel her trip and did not come to Queensland.  So, instead of all that I decided that now was the time to get my new caravan door fitted, so you will read all about the upcoming trip next.

Going back to Bo & Peter, I picked them up from the airport and had a bunch of flowers for Bo, because it was her birthday.  I had also baked an apple cake (read: birthday cake) and had invited Maree from next door to join us for a drink in honour of Bo.  That way they were introduced to each other for the time I was going to be away.


Peter, Maree, Bo

Bo's birthday cake


view from Mary Cairncross park

Bo taking pictures


On Monday I took Bo & Peter out for a trip to Mary Cairncross Park and Montville, but it wasn't a great success.  I think they had different expectations of their holiday and there is nothing that one can do about that than do the best you can...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.