Monday 21 January 2019

Solos - Kandanga Bowls Club


Monday 14 January 2019 - Friday 17 January 2019


Another short midweek outing with the Rainbow Lorikeets.  

I would have loved to leave on Sunday, but after my airconditioning had been re-gassed the Friday before I had problems with a slipping V-belt.  As my regular mechanic is in Montville I made a detour on Monday morning on my way to Kandanga to have the belt tightened.  As expected I needed a new belt, but I was aware of it, so we decided to get one ordered in during the week and I would drop in on my way back to have it fixed.  All good.  On my way to Kandanga then....

Past Maleney I had the choice of taking Obi Obi Road, a very steep and winding road, or a longer way around via Nambour.  Also steep, but downhill, so I went for that one.  As I had left home at a very early hour I arrived at Kandanga at 10 am where I was greeted by Garry and Bruce, the 'parkologists'  ;-)  who found me a nice spot amongst the expected 50 vehicles.

Most people were keen to play cards and so was I, so Corrie, John, Gary, Kevin and I sat down for a serious game of Bush Rummy. :-)

After lunch Maureen and Denise arrived and we had a chat until Happy Hour when we chatted some more...

The rest of the week followed on in much the same manner: walks at 7 am followed by morning tea and various other entertainment.  

On Tuesday wine and cheese tasting at the Visitors Information Centre with the option to buy clothes and/or gifts in the store, which I finished off with a very cold glass of beer at the Bowls Club on this hot day (I did not partake in the wine & cheese tasting);

On Wednesday morning morning tea was followed by a grocery grab.  Much fun as usual, of course, and I ended up with a can of beans and a can of pumpkin soup;

On Wednesday night we had dinner a the Country Club which was much appreciated as it was a much better spread than the Christmas dinner at Beerwah.  We finished the night with dancing and fantastic music was by Leo and Dave.

Every afternoon I managed to watch disc bowls.  It's a shame I can't play anymore, but I am not willing to risk a sore shoulder after all I have been through with that.  Watching is great fun though as well.

On Thursday, our last 'official' day, many people left, but at least half of the group stayed till Friday.

On Friday morning I packed early and said goodbye to who was left, which weren't many by the time I left, and I started my trip back home.

This time I chanced Obi Obi Road.  Again, very steep and winding, but do-able and I had a little peek at the beautiful scenery in the hills.  I arrived timely at Montville so that the engine could cool down enough for Lathan to work on the vehicle.  It was fixed in no time, so I left and stopped at Matthew Flinders Park near Mt Tibrogargan and had lunch there.  I was home by 2 pm.


Kandanga Creek

a scarecrow on the tractor

overview of the camping grounds

Kevin in charge

beautiful healthy cattle

Kandanga Creek

and more cattle next to the camping grounds...

...keeping an eye on us


No geocaches this time.  The one and only in the area was too far away.

Till next time.  I may be back at Kandanga before long....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.