Thursday 6 November 2014

An unexpected *FTF*

Thursday, November 6, 2014


I hear you ask: FTF, what is that?  Well, that's jargon for First To Find and it is geocaching-speak :-)

I may have mentioned it before, when I had my first FTF, but I thought I just tell you again.  It's such a good feeling to be able to put your name down in a blank logbook!

And very unexpected at that, because I'd been to the airport today to pick up my house sitters and we arrived home in the middle of the afternoon. Upon checking my email I noticed three published caches, the first two too far away, so I didn't get very exited, but no. 3 was only 200 (!) m from home so.... I told my visitors that I'd go for a wee bit of a walk and tell them what it was about when I'd return.

As usual I had to wear white shoes, didn't I, and I had to search in the mud underneath a small bridge! Found it without a problem and nobody had beaten me!

So here are my pictures:

Bridge on the river Kwai






Oh, and I nearly forgot the most important thing: a FTF 'medal'!  I've never come across anything like this, so I was happy to add this to my geocaching stash... ;-)

Only a short update, but this way I can keep on top. Saturday I am leaving for Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.