Sunday 16 December 2018

Solos - Beerwah Sportsground


Monday 10 December 2018 -  Friday 14 December 2018


Not even a week later and I am on another short trip in the camper.  This week I have not taken any notes at all, so I will summarise the days as the get-togethers don't seem to change all that much overall.

So, this week the Rainbow Lorikeets got together again. Many arrived on Sunday, but as I had visitors from Singapore arriving on Sunday I didn't want to leave too soon.

Ne Sung, wife Elisa and son Joel arrived on Sunday afternoon and since we wouldn't have much time to spend together we went out for dinner at the local RSL where they had been with me before.

On Monday we spent some time together catching up and chatting in general and I left just before lunchtime.  They would have the key so they would look after themselves until they left on Wednesday.  I had to promise to make a stop-over next time if my flight would be via Singapore, a promise which will not be hard to keep as they are such delightful people.

On Monday afternoon I arrived and parked right next to Josephine who I had met at Bjelke Petersen Dam for the first time.  We both love walking and playing cards so it seems we are striking up a bit of a friendship.

Other people came forward and greeted me and it started to feel as if I was coming home to my second family.

On Tuesday I had to leave briefly, because I wanted to join members of the grief support group for a memorial service for our loved ones.  Beerwah is only a 45 minute drive, so, easy to do.  Good friend Ruth was there as well as a few members of our own little group from 5 years ago.  Time flies!  The memorial service was moving, not in the least because of the delicate touches so lovingly prepared by the group leaders.  We shed a few tears, but also had a pleasant morning tea together.

At Beerwah we walked most mornings as usual.  On the first morning we walked past a hidden geocache which we couldn't find quickly, so we walked on and I was going to get better prepared for next time.

On one of the later walks I had to find an ATM so I left the group and walked back home on my own.  As I walked past that cache again I decided to have a better look with a good result!  Found it!


#2012 - I Like Traffic Lights - Cloud Derge (cache)






As this week was also a Christmas gathering we had all brought a gift again (mine was the one that I received at the earlier gathering) and of course we had a Christmas dinner.  The dinner for this group was at the Beerwah Hotel, but no photos.  Sorry.

Gift giving was done like the grocery grab a few weeks ago, but in such a manner that everyone ended up with a gift to take home.  It was just as hilarious, thus lots of fun.  The gift I received was okay, but I don't know yet what I am going to do with it.  We'll see...




We had a good turnout and many happy faces

Besides all this we played cards.  It must be one of the most popular pastimes ever.  This week I learned to play Canasta, which is slightly different from Hand and Foot.  The complicating matter though was that people play in different groups and everyone seems to have their own rules for the game.  We have approached someone and asked to have a set of rules we, as the Rainbow Lorikeets, can all agree to.  Let's see how that is going to work.

Next I have a few pictures from our walks, the last one taken on the way back from dinner:









On Friday morning I packed up.  As it was raining I didn't go on the planned walk, but Josephine and I played a last game of Canasta as neither of us was in a hurry to leave.

A lot of people had already left as they were going on to a gathering at Somerset Dam, but I had plenty to do at home, so wanted to have a break.

Of course we all left with many hugs and Christmas wishes and the hope of seeing each other again in the New Year.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.