Tuesday 6 November 2018

BSW - Mulgowie


Friday 2 November 2018


This is probably going to be the shortest and most boring post I have ever published. ;-)  However, I am not saying that the weekend was boring....

When I arrived early Friday morning I was greeted by a few people who had arrived the day before.  Other friends arrived later.

Morning and afternoon tea were spent in much the usual way, disc bowls was being played and at night time we played our game of Bush Rummy.

The rest of the time I spent mostly in or near my camper as I also wanted some me time.  The last couple of weeks have been very social weeks and I didn't need a lot more of that for the time being.

On the other hand I wanted to join the group, because I do like to see and talk to the regulars and keep up with what is going on.

Mulgowie is a tiny country town in the Lockyer Valley and doesn't have much to offer besides peace and quiet.  Normally.  This time it was harvest time for some of the produce and the heavy machinery was put to work day and night, although it didn't really bother me.

We went to the Mulgowie Hotel on Saturday night and I had a nice steak with chips and salad.  The choice of meals was not great (some complained that there was too much chicken on offer), but the meal was well prepared and tasted good.  The price was just what you expect to pay, but I was not overly impressed with the fact that they don't take cards and if you have to use the ATM it costs you $2.50.  A win-win situation for the hotel.  They don't pay the extra fees, but we do!!!

I left Sunday after morning tea, all packed and ready to go home, with a detour to Adele's place to say hello to all.

The trip back was supposed to be a scenic one through the Samford Valley, but I had misjudged the road.  Scenic alright, if I had had the opportunity to look around me.  However, it was the most taxing trip, both for me and the camper, since it was all winding road for kilometres on end and very steep in places with slopes of 12% and 15%, which at times slowed me down to 30 or 40 kms/h, but we never faltered.....

A sign said: no heavy trucks, boats or caravans.  Well, my vehicle didn't tow anything and was around the 4t limit, so I took my chance.  As I said, very taxing, but I now know what my camper and me are capable of. ;-)

Well, that's all for now.  Home for a week and then on to the Solos get-together.  Sorry, no photographs this time.  I'll try to remember to take a few next week.

See you then.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.