Tuesday 12 December 2017

France - Monday and Tuesday (home)

Since I have not updated my blog for more than a week now I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will be very brief and try to relate what I can remember!

Monday, 4 December 2017


I do remember that it was still very cold, but being able to manage the wood stove was a big help.  I could at least keep the house warm and cosy.

In the morning I drove to Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouët (a mouthful, but that's the problem with many of the French names...) where I filled up the tank and went to the car wash. 

Upon my return, as I had discovered a series of good books on my Kindle I planned to read, but when Michèle asked me if I wanted to come to the apple orchard again with her I said yes and so I made my last trip through the campagne (country) with her.  I bought enough apples to make my own apple sauce this time and had a nice time doing so when we were back home.


Tuesday, 5 December 2017


On Tuesday, my last full day in Fougerolles-du-Plessis  I spent most of the day cleaning and packing my suitcase.  It's an old house, which means that there is always a lot more cleaning to do than in a modern one, but I got it done and that's the main thing.  At 12 noon I had to be ready to go out, because Michèle and Jean Pierre had asked me out for lunch.  We went to the Lion d'Or (doesn't every town in the world have one?) and had a very nice meal consisting of a Tartiflette (Potato bake) with as much from the salad bar as one could manage.  (A bit like Sizzler in Australia).  Of course we finished off with dessert and coffee.

After that I only had to pack my suitcase and get ready for travelling the next day. My wonderful 5-1/2 weeks in Fougerolles-du-Plessis had come to an end...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.