Monday 9 July 2018

Vienna - Sunday and Monday (departing Vienna)


Sunday 8 July 2018


Sunday really wasn't an interesting day.  House cleaning, as always on my last day and trying to clear my headache, which was still hanging on.  However, by night time I had improved enough to go out for a last walk through the city.  

It was a clear, balmy night, and I was amazed by how many people there still were around (after 9pm).  Peter had told me that the fountain at the end of the street was lit up at night and illuminated with changing colours.

Further down I noticed that most of the old, stately buildings were illuminated at night as well.  Of course there are some pictures of those too.

And everywhere you looked there were coffee shops and restaurants spilling out onto the street and very well patronised.  I nearly regretted I had left my purse at home. ;-)

Then, on my way back I noticed a lot of people watching the big screen in Karlsplatz.  They were watching a movie!  It was too late for me to join in, but it seemed to be a good one.


Hochstrahlbrunnen



French Emabassy (opposite the fountain)



Shop on Stephansplatz

Hofburg


Karlskirche


Karlskirche mirrored in the pond

Monday 9 Juny 2018


My last day in Vienna.  Packed and washing the bedlinen and towels.  After that I will be on the train to Prague.

See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.