Wednesday 18 July 2018

Prague - Sunday and Monday (Prague)



Sunday 15 July 2018



Sunday was again a quiet day after my full day in Prague and Wim's full day of travel.

All we did was just relax, chat and catch up on the latest news in the family and we walked to the shop to get groceries.

In the afternoon we watched the final of the World Cup Soccer when during the match Ales and Lenka arrived back home from their weekend away.

We had a light meal for dinner and had an early night.


Monday 16 July 2018



Wim and I ventured out to Prague.  We visited the usual sites, starting with the Franz Kafka head of which I made a short video clip this time.  Well, I just found out the reason why some of my video clips won't upload.  Only clips of 100MB and less are accepted....  Bummer!

Never mind, I'll just go on with the story.  We found a nice restaurant, Cafe Platyz, hidden away like so many of the restaurants in Prague, in a little alleyway.  Here we found a shady spot from the already hot sun, and had a nice cuppa.

On our walk through town we discovered again a myriad of artworks of which I took some photographs:



Man Hanging Out by David Cerny


Jan Hus


Life is art by David Mazanec

Franz Kafka inspired artwork by Jaroslav Jona

By lunchtime we had walked quite a distance and looked for another well-hidden restaurant with great food.  We did find it at Au Gourmand.  Mainly french inspired food, but a lovely selection.  My choice was crepes with brie, walnut, apple and honey.  I remembered I had ordered it a few years ago when I visited France briefly and quite liked it.




After lunch we looked for a shop where Wim wanted to buy a special puppet.  We found this in no time, Wim made his choice and walked to the Jewish Quarter where I photographed this mosque.





From there along the river to Little Quarter or Mala Strana.


Street view with most likely the Prague castle in the background

I wanted to show Wim the moving statues at the Franz Kafka museum and this time I managed to make a short video clip. Luckily it was short enough to stay under 100MB, so it would upload.




We missed the Lennon Wall on our walk but saw David Cerny's Babies at Kampa park instead.






Some unknown artwork at the nearby Museum of Modern Art

After this long walk on a rather hot day (cities are always hotter and stuffier than the country side), we slowly made our way back to Mustek station and took underground and bus home.

Another majestic building

A facade with a difference




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.