Thursday 31 October 2019

Portugal - last full day at Alvito (Gardnerville, NV via Frankfurt, Los Angeles, and Reno)


Tuesday 20 October 2019


Our final day has come. On Tuesday we start our packing and clean the house after which we make a last trip into Alvito.  We need to get fuel for the car and Patricia needs money.  As it is in the centre we have a last coffee together at our favourite place, Pastelaria Zelia.
 





For good measure a few more of the famous door handles (if I haven't shown them before....)






And a last picture of the farm by night





Wednesday 30 October 2020


The friendly town taxidriver picks us up at 7.45am to drop us off at the railway station of Vila Nova de Baronia.  Two hours later we are at Centro Vasco da Gama opposite Oriente railway station, and since we have some time on our hands we stop for a cup of coffee and wander around a bit.


Oriente railway station


Centro Vaso da Gama




Our last selfie together at the airport

When it is time to leave we catch a taxi to the airport and that's where our ways part.  Patricia is off to Sweden and I am going to catch a flight to Frankfurt, where I arrive later at night. I knew the hotel was within walking distance, but even so, it was not easy to find. I stayed the night at the Hilton Garden Inn.




Hotel room Hilton Garden Inn, Frankfurt

From Frankfurt my next flight will take me to Los Angeles where I will spend another night at a hotel before I will finally get a big hug from Kevin after his arrival the following morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.